This Run Lift Mom Podcast Episode is a personal walk through my infertility journey, interview style. Enjoy!
What We Cover
- How to be proactive about your infertility.
- How to get through the journey with your spouse.
- What you can do if you are not having fertility issues, to better support people you know who are.
- The journey can put a strain on your marriage.
- Bring in the tribe that loves and cares about you to talk about the feelings of frustration and sadness.
- Before you decide to go through the fertility process, create a plan with set boundaries for what tests you are and are not willing to do.
- Know when it call it quits BEFORE you get emotionally invested in the process.
- If you are someone who does not have fertility issues, be a friend. We all know someone that is going through that. Be an emotional support system to those people.
- Have realistic expectations of the journey.
- Sometimes infertility is unexplained and be OK with that.
- Be proactive about your infertility by tracking your period for 4 months before seeing a specialist.
- Sometimes big corporations cover infertility as much as 80%. Check with your provider to see how much you are covered.
How to Get Through Infertility With Your Spouse
- Have heart-centered conversations.
- Make a plan BEFORE you start any treatments.
- What tests are you wiling to take?
- How many months are you willing to try?
- What is your cutoff point?
What To Do If You Think You May Have Fertility Issues
- Try making a baby the good old fashion way for at least 8 months.
- If you are still not getting pregnant, begin tracking your periods for 4 months.
- Bring your period tracker into your doctor to provide “baseline data” for them. If you have an iPhone, this is part of your health app and preloaded!
Hardest Decision To Make as a Mom
- Leaving a career and organization I loved so much.
A-Ha Moment About Parenting
- Every child is different. You hear it everywhere but it’s true. Her triplets prove it to be so.
Most Excited About
- Connecting with entrepreneurs and collaborating with similar minds
- Favorite form of self-care: Running.
- Best parenting advice ever received: Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Online grocery delivery service.
- Recommend one product your children cannot live without: baby wipes
- Share your favorite book and why: The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan because it’s the best book Aside from the Bible a Christian could read.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is raising the next generation to honor God. It’s wonderful and everything I wanted it to be.
This episode is made possible by your support of my ZYIA Active business and a partnership with Red H Nutrition: use RUNLIFTMOM to save 10% on anything includingYes Whey protein
Learn about the ZYIA Active business opportunity by visiting http://activeopportunity.com/