In this episode of Run Lift Mom you will get to hear about overcoming marathon training obstacles.
I simplified my marathon training technique when I became a Mom and spoke with Masters coach Rob Arnold about it in a podcast episode.
You can listen below or read on for show notes, a deep dive on concept, and takeaways:
We turned the tables and Rob Arnold of Masters Athlete is a student of exercise, even knocking on age 50.
He has a special passion for helping recreational athletes over age 40 who want health and longevity as well as performance. Here’s what we spoke about:
- what defines a Masters athlete (2:00)
- marathon training obstacles as a Mom of 4 under age 5 (3:00)
- how I program and simplify my marathon training (4:30)
- why less is better (6:00)
- nutrition habits and easy family menus for lifestyle (8:00)
- what versus how (11:00)
- greasing the groove (12:00)
- coping with stress as a training component (13:30)
Flexible Marathon Training
Here’s an entire episode that goes deep about flexible schedule I discussed with Rob with a particular emphasis on minimum effective dose:
This is a Run Lift Mom podcast interview about trails and road racing with Rachel Cox. Memorable quotes from the episode “Running a marathon won’t impede on motherhood; it makes it better!” “Consistency is more important than this one day” “80% of my miles (for a 7000′ ascent trail marathon) were on the treadmill” “I…
When I’m not recording the podcast, hanging on the beach with my Husband and four kids, I’m over here: